This delicious, creamy dressing can take the place of traditional mayonnaise in any recipe. Use it sparingly, though, as it is quite rich. Makes 1-2/3 cups (415 ML)
- 1 cup raw cashews (250 ml) soaked in water 1-4 hours, drained, rinsed
- ¼ cup lemon juice (60 ml) fresh
- ¼ cup water (60 ml) plus more if needed
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (30 ml)
- 1 tsp spicy brown mustard (5 ml)
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- ¼ tsp salt (1 ml)
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth and creamy. If the mixture is too thick, add a little more water, 1teaspoon (5 ml) at a time, until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator, the mayonnaise will keep for 1 week.
Serving: 2tbsp (30 ml)Calories: 56calCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gSodium: 50mgCalcium: 5mg
The kick diabetes cookbook: an action plan and recipes for defeating diabetes. BrendaDavis, RD;Vesanto Melina, MS, RD. Summertown, TN. Book Publishing Co. (2018)